This time we are shuffling things up a bit and adapt to the schedule of our speaker and we do a very late February meeting.. actually happening in March. Or you could say a very early March meeting.
- Vancouver Island Technology Park, Conference Center Room – 4464 Markham Street, Victoria, BC
- Thursday, 5th March 2009, 18:00-20:00
- Task-focused programming with Eclipse Mylyn presented by Wayne Beaton from the Eclipse Foundation
This presentation will start with an overview of Mylyn’s task management
features including offline editing, background synchronizations and
change notifications, and demonstrate how these work for repositories
such as Bugzilla, JIRA, and Trac. Once your tasks are in Eclipse, Mylyn
provides support for automatically managing your task context as you
work, an approach that has been shown to make programmers much more
productive. A demonstration shows Mylyn task-focused development in the
context of Eclipse RCP/RAP/eRCP (desktop/server/embedded) development.
Mylyn’s task context sharing and change set management are used to show
how Mylyn can make the entire development team more productive by
realigning interaction around tasks.
- Wayne Beaton is employed by The Eclipse Foundation where he works as an evangelist, helping organizations adopt Eclipse technologies. Wayne has more than eighteen years of professional software development experience, and is a frequent speaker at conferences around the world.
We will raffle off a personal license for IntelliJ IDEA sponsored by JetBrains. as well as some JUG T-shirts sponsored by Sun Microsystems.
- All VIJUG members and anybody else interested are welcome to attend. If you intend to come please send an email or register with the Facebook event or just show up.
We hope to meet you there.