This month we will be lucky enough to get two presentations and on two quite different topics as well. If you are a language buff or interested in domain driven design make sure to come..
- Genologics Life Sciences HQ, Main Boardroom – Vancouver Island Tech Park, 4464 Markham Street, Victoria, BC
- Thursday, 24th September 2009, 18:00-20:00
- Model-Driven Prototyping by Rafael Chaves and Refactoring to Scala by Kerry Wright
- Model-Driven Prototyping:
- Prototyping is a great way of getting early feedback from your customers and finding new requirements or refining existing ones. Domain-driven prototyping is an approach to software prototyping that focuses exclusively on the domain layer.
This presentation will start with a brief overview of domain-driven prototyping and model-driven development, then will focus on the idea of having those two approaches combined: Model-Driven Prototyping. Demos will show examples of domain models and the automatic creation of domain-driven prototypes from them.
- Rafael Chaves
- Rafael Chaves is a seasoned software developer with more than 10 years of experience developing object-oriented system-level software, development tools and business applications on the Java platform. His main interest is software development quality and productivity, with a focus on model-driven development.
- Refactoring to Scala
- A discussion on the Scala programming language and constructs that make it powerful for the development of sustainable software. Core concepts of the language will be presented along side common Java alternatives with a focus on error detection, refactoring and system evolution.
- Kerry Wright
- Kerry Wright works as Tech Lead at GenoLogics Life Sciences Software and has 10 years of experience developing with Java and related technologies. He is interested in any technology that shows better ways to solve difficult problems.
- We will raffle off
a personal license for IntelliJ IDEA sponsored by JetBrains. some JUG T-shirts sponsored by Sun Microsystems. a JavaRebel license from zeroturnaround and some T-shirts from Atlassian fresh from Atlassian Summit thanks to Dylan
- All VIJUG members and anybody else interested are welcome to attend. If you intend to come please send an email or register with the Facebook eventor just show up.
- Spread the word:
- Please use the flyer or presentation to advertise for the meeting.
We hope to meet you there.