In our third meeting of the year we are going to rev it up and see how the local company AERS is using Spring and Java threading to achieve the necessary performance to work with some really large data set.
- Vancouver Island Technology Park, Conference Center Room – 4464 Markham Street, Victoria, BC
- Thursday, 25th March 2010, 18:00-20:00
- High performance web-based data access of large data sets using Java technologies, spring-framework and cutting edge hardware. presented by Cory Sanoy from Advanced Ecommerce Research Systems.
Now that we have huge volumes of data what are we going to do with it? How do we provide dynamic access to the data and serve it up to customers in finite periods of time? This presentation will cover the design and implementation of a web server that accesses a very large dataset and servers it up while the customer watches the hour-glass. Topics that will be covered are: parallel data access, relational database access (jdbc), java technologies (java threading), spring-framework, optimized data queries and the use of new high performance hardware technologies.
- Cory Sanoy BSc., Computational Science, University of Saskatchewan. Cory has had a variety of experience in the Computer Science discipline. His experience ranges from development of large scale network management systems, high performance web server development and research and development of platforms for high performance data cluster access.
He is currently working for Advanced Ecommerce Research Systems in Victoria BC as a Computer Scientist- Platform Research and Development.
- All VIJUG members and anybody else interested are welcome to attend. If you intend to come please send an email or register with the Facebook event or just show up.
We hope to meet you there.