After a vibrant discussion about version control systems in the last meeting we are taking that to the next level and will demo usage of Mercurial and Git and discuss more about it all. And if anyone has any further demos and discussion topics we are ready to roll.
- Vancouver Island Technology Park, Conference Center Room – 4464 Markham Street, Victoria, BC
- Wednesday, 28nd July 2010, 18:00-20:00
- Demos and Discussions:
- Manfred Moser (simpligility technologies inc.) and hopefully some others will explain the difference between traditional centralized version control systems like Subversion and the new distributed systems like Git, Mercurial and Bazaar. We will discuss differences in workflow, tooling, possible integration between the two ways and much more as well as show some live demo.
- Kelly Robinson (The Kaptain on … stuff) will give a demo of using Git
- Cameron Fieber will showcase working with Git and Subversion together using git-svn
- Rafael Chaves is going to demo AlphaSimple, an online domain-driven prototyping tool that is entering public beta this Summer
- Manfred Moser will show the reporting and code analysis framework Sonar and talk about attending the MVN 201 course with Sonatype.
We will raffle off a personal license for IntelliJ IDEA sponsored by JetBrains. a JRebel license from zeroturnaround
- All VIJUG members and anybody else interested are welcome to attend. If you intend to come please send an email or register with the Facebook event or just show up.
We hope to meet you there.