It has been a while since the height of the SOA buzz word boom. Web services have become the norm in both SOAP and REST forms and every developer needs to know about them. So do you! A great way to learn about them is to come to this VIJUG meeting…
- InHub Victoria’s co-working space,
833 Fisgard St in Victoria, BC
- Thursday, 25th August 2011, 18:00-20:00
- Apache CXF offers the most flexible support for both REST and SOAP of any Java web services stack, including support for different XML data bindings and JSON output for REST web services. In this presentation you’ll see how to implement and deploy CXF web services, using both Java standards including JAX-RS and JAX-WS and custom CXF extensions. You’ll also learn about the different configuration options supported by CXF, including Spring-based, annotation-based, and direct configuration in code, and get an idea of how easily web services projects can be implemented using CXF. Finally, you’ll see how CXF fits into the Apache open source SOA infrastructure.
- Dennis Sosnoski is an internationally recognized expert on SOA and web services in Java. He’s been helping organizations worldwide with their XML and web services projects for the last 12 years. Dennis is also active in the Java community, as a frequent speaker at users groups and conferences, a writer for IBM developer Works Java and SOA/Web services zones, an Apache Software Foundation committer on both Axis2 and CXF web services projects, and the lead developer of other open source projects including the JiBX XML data binding tool.
We will give away a whole bunch of Java 7 t-shirts sponsored by Oracle We will raffle off a JRebel license from zeroturnaround and a personal license for IntelliJ IDEA sponsored by JetBrains.
- All VIJUG members and anybody else interested are welcome to attend. If you intend to come please send an email or register with the Facebook event or just show up.
We hope to meet you there.