This month we are lucky enough to have Matthew McCullough in town ready to present about git and GitHub to us. Matthew is an extraordinary speaker and trainer and you should NOT miss this opportunity.
If you want to become a git pro you can still register for the full day workshop on the 29th, but otherwise even the free meeting will teach you lots about git as a version control system and GitHub as a fantastic platform for using it. No wonder it is the most widely used open source project hosting system now..
- University of Victoria, Engineering Computer Science Building, Room ECS 660, Victoria, BC
- Thursday, 30th August 2012, 18:00-20:00
- Introduction and Opening
- Using Git and GitHub Efficiently presented by Matthew McCullough (1h approx)
- Ask Your Expert Peers session with Matthew (30 min or more)
- Prizes raffle and announcements
- Networking and chat amongst the attendees and speaker(s)
- Drinks and more social geeking out at a yet to be determined pub nearby
- Matthew is the VP of training at GitHub and an well known speaker and trainer as well as author
- All VIJUG members and anybody else interested are welcome to attend. If you intend to come please send an email, register with the Google Plus event or just drop by.
We hope to meet you there.